[tex-k] dvips on debian linux

S Nedunuri nedunuri at cs.utexas.edu
Fri Apr 22 16:22:52 CEST 2011

Well, yes, I did. But I also got 3 other replies, all pretty much saying
something different! I didn't set up the linux version - it was already set
up by the admin. In this case at least I'm actually happy with the Windows
version. IMHO, the most obvious expectation of "dvips" is that converts a
dvi file to a ps file, not silently send its output to the nearest printer.