[tex-k] Path without !! but with a ls-R file

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Nov 19 01:04:58 CET 2009

*
    Hum, can we do the same but with the list of doc files rather than dir?

No.  I mean, obviously it's not hard, but I'd have to add something to
kpsewhich to do it, so it wouldn't help you until 2010 at the earliest.

    I see little point in getting the list of dirs from kpse if I still have
    to look myself for files in these dirs afterwards.

It seems to me the list of dirs suffices to get you the benefit of not
duplicating kpse logic for !! and subdir expansion, etc., etc.  Running
through the opendir()...readdir()...closedir() is trivial and has
nothing do with kpse.