[tex-k] libpoppler support in TeX Live source tree

The Thanh Han hanthethanh at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 18:09:39 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 04:07:42PM +0100, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Peter Breitenlohner wrote:
> >
> > you guys better come to an agreement.  I can well imagine to have a
> > configure option to use an installed libpoppler instead of libxpdf, but
> > that would then be the same for all three: pdftex, luatex, and xetex.
>
> I have no problem with that (with a static xpdf as default, if I
> understand this all correctly) and I'll be happy to apply a patch
> to luatex for that (but I do not want to try to create such a patch
> myself, I would have no idea where to start).

I also vote for having static xpdf as default, and an option
to enable using libpoppler instead of xpdf. Plus what
Jonathan said about dependency, ie we should avoid the case
when one must have libpoppler to be able to build pdftex.

Regards,
Thanh

PS: as a side note I would like to add that I was bitten
more than once by poppler when pdfs that work fine with xpdf
crashed with poppler.