[tex-k] lcdf-typetools and TeX live

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Tue Mar 3 10:30:04 CET 2009

On Mon, 2 Mar 2009, Eddie Kohler wrote:

> I have immediate feedback on this, which is that --with is not appropriate
> here.

Hi Eddie,

thank for your quick reply

> From GNU coding standards:

> I'm not a standards lawyer, but it seems neither necessary nor appropriate to
> change an existing behavior (on which some people might depend) into a less
> standard behavior, just to satisfy texlive's packaging.

On might certainly argue for years about the intended semantics and current
use of '--with-xxx' vs.  '--enable-xxx'.

But: you as author dislike that modification and that is the final word.

I hope, you understand that all my changes were meant as suggestions, no
more.

Regards,
Peter