[tex-k] lcdf-typetools and TeX live

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Mar 3 02:02:16 CET 2009

Peter,

Thanks for doing this, but I find this diff is a lot to swallow at one go.

- Does the new version of automake require dist_man_MANS?
- Why do you include fixlibc.c unconditionally?
- Why up autoconf prereq to 2.63?
- Why do you remove "#define inline inline" etc.?
- Why have both m4/ and ac/ directories?  Would rather just have m4/.
- You libtoolized this?
- Why bother moving the AC_CXX_TEMPLATE_OBJS function into m4/, why not leave
it where it is?
- Why build-aux?

I would really rather that you separate generic cleanups from the changes
really required for texlive.  I don't have the time or energy to do this
separation for you, and although I want lcdf-typetools to work well with
texlive, I am afraid of breaking it for others.

Eddie