[tex-k] Fwd: TeX--Xet

pierre.mackay at comcast.net pierre.mackay at comcast.net
Mon Jul 20 20:07:06 CEST 2009

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Vafa Khalighi" <vafa at users.berlios.de>
To: "pierre mackay" <pierre.mackay at comcast.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 9:49:46 AM (GMT-0300) Auto-Detected
Subject: Re: TeX--Xet

That was a very long time ago, and when I need Arabic Script now I use ArabTeX.

But ArabTeX got problems:

1- You can not have RTL tabular

2- There are problems with color and hyperref

and lots of other problems

It would be nice to fix TeX--XeT limitations, but I need some help. do you know who could possibly help me a bit with WEB programming? There is a modified version of TeX ( tex.ch ) that I am sending to you and I think it would be nice to put these extensions into TeX--XeT (ofcourse you can have a look at that and tell me what you think). It fixes all the limitations and bugs of TeX--XeT. If these extension could get into a format on CTAN, then all people could benefit from it.

About RTL tables, I could do it with macros. If you look at v1.0.2 of the bidi package most of the LaTeX tabular packages, you can typeset RTL tables.

You are welcome to see what you can do with TeX--XeT so far as I am concerned, but I am effectively retired.

With all best wishes,

Thanks but could you please if you have got time look at this tex.ch file and tell me what you think about it?

Thanks heaps

Best wishes,
Vafa Khalighi