[tex-k] bug report - dvips

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Jul 18 00:33:03 CEST 2009

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/texlive-base/+bug/386465

I've been struck by that too, but dvips set the %%Title to foo.dvi
because that is where the PS came from, which is somewhat reasonable.
I'm not sure that it's better to set it to the output filename (or
"stdout.ps" or something when output is to stdout?  Hmm ...).

At any rate, since it's been like this for 30 years, I'm not too
inclined to change the default now, although a way to specify the output
title seems like it would be good.  I'm not sure if there already is
one, but I don't think so ...

Thanks for the report,
Karl