[tex-k] TL build system - two problems

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Thu Mar 13 13:29:05 CET 2008

Hi Karl,

I have noticed two peculiarities of the TL build system:

(1) t1lib version:

libs/README and libs/t1lib/configure.in say 5.0.2, but libs/t1lib/t1lib.h
says 5.0.1.

BTW: the current version is 5.1.2

(2) texk/web2c/* dependencies:

with todays "svn up" I got a new texk/web2c/omegafonts/font_routines.c

I then did a make in both of my two build trees (with and without maintainer
mode), but to my surprise font_routines was not recompiled.

Next I had a look into texk/web2c and its subdirs. There are 4 Makefile.in
without corresponding depend.mk:

doc/ -- not needed

man/ -- not needed (except for rebuilding pdftex.man from pdftex.m4?)

mpdir/, omegafonts/ -- these two are needed

regards		Peter