[tex-k] ppower4 scripts ???

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Apr 1 21:08:42 CEST 2008

Peter Breitenlohner writes:

 > I have noticed that all the Master/bin/*/ppower4 scripts are symlinks to
 > ../../texmf-dist/scripts/ppower4/ppower4.texlua, except:
 >
 > mips-irix/ppower4: ancient copy of that script

Hi Peter,
we currently maintain the symlinks manually in the Master tree and
there are certainly many of them missing.  The whole symlink stuff is
still work in progress and more scripts will be replaced by symlinks
in the near future.

We currently use the stuff in Master/bin for testing only, but we try
to keep Build/source/texk/tetex/Makefile.in in sync.  The links should
be generated automatically by the build process.

 > i386-linux/ppower4 x86_64-linux/ppower4: files containing "link ...."

This is strange.  It looks like the internal representation in the
repository and I'm wondering what went wrong here.

I fixed all three links now, please check out again (rev 7277).

Many thanks for your report.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25