[tex-k] about typedef boolean

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Oct 2 10:13:03 CEST 2007

Karl Berry wrote:
> Are you planning to stop using kpse entirely in mp and/or luatex?  (Or
> maybe you have already?)

No, but I have quite a bit of luatex implemented in C, and there I
often need the boolean type, but not kpathsea. Also, not all web2c-
based tex implementations use kpathsea as-is.

For example, Fabrice had problems compiling luatex because his boolean
typedef definition did not match the one in web2c's kpathsea.

> It's obviously no particular problem to define boolean in web2c too,
> matter of a couple of ifdef's.  I don't have a problem with doing that,
> if it will help you.

It is not a big deal, but it would be nice if all of the needed
typedefs would be defined in core web2c as well as in kpathsea.
So yes, please.

Best wishes,
Taco