[tex-k] note from Don Knuth

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Nov 28 00:50:03 CET 2007

Dear Don,

    Please change to comment to something consistent with archival wisdom.

Sorry about that.  I changed it to this:

% ... hyphen.tex must
% remain the original file from Knuth, and it must be \language0.  This
% is one important aspect of ensuring that the original, frozen TeX
% always produces the same line and page breaks.

Hopefuly that suits.  Let me know if you prefer something different.

    of that file in /etc/texmf/dvips/config/ and in /usr/share/texlive-bin/.

I'll try to track down the two versions and integrate.

    (2) The nonword "extenions" can be found in a comment of the master file
    texmf.cnf.

Fixed.

Happy writing,
Karl