[tex-k] texmf.in incorrect for non"k"-xdvi?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Jan 20 01:41:55 CET 2007

    TEXPICTS.XDvi   = .:$TEXMF/%q{dvips,tex}//

    These lines appear after the ones which aren't application-specific,
    however, and don't take effect when xdvi reads the config file.

Ok, I moved them earlier.  I think this is a deficiency in xdvi parsing,
though.  kpsewhich --progname=elambda --var-value=TEXINPUTS shows the
TEXINPUTS.elambda value even though it comes after generic TEXINPUTS.

I guess I never explicitly documented it, but it seems implicit in what
I wrote about .PROGNAME (and clearly desirable behavior).

Thanks for the report,
karl