[tex-k] xdvi won't obey options

Stefan Ulrich stefanulrich at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Aug 2 19:25:25 CEST 2007

Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina at gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks: with `+keep' top and side margin seem all right now.  `-hl' is not so
> important after all.  I say `-hl brown' and get blue instead.

That's strange; the command-line arguments should override all
resources (you can try to delete or rename the ~/.xdvirc file for good
measure), and if it doesn't know the color, it should give a warning.

> But what is quite important is the Ctrl-+ function, which does not
> work, whereas Ctrl-- works fine.  It is much faster than using the
> `s' key, so I wish I could fix it.  Any hint?

I have to say that this works for me. What keyboard layout are you
using - do you need to press Shift-+ or some other modifyer to really
get a +? To test what the X server sees, run 'xev' and type into the
window. FWIW, xdvi has a shortcut for US keyboard layouts so that '='
(without Shift) should work like '+'.

Cheers,
Stefan