[tex-k] requesting info on fptex

Andrew Komornicki komornic at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 1 01:35:38 CEST 2006

As a long time TeX user I have a request, and hope that this is the
correct forum to send my inquiry.

Some years ago, I downloaded the fptex distribution onto my windows
machine and was happy for years to come.  This last year my old machine
was dying, and I now have a brand new machine that runs Windows XP.

I thought to upgrade my fptex installation.  I got the requisite parts,
getfptex.bat, wget, and Texsetup.exe.  Unfortunately the ftp site that is
in the scripts no longer exits.  I really do not want a whole new installation
(am quite happy with my Tex tree).  All that I would like is a new
/Tex/bin directory for Windows XP.
I have written to Fabrice (twice! ) with no answer.

Is there a simple tarball of a Windows /TeX/bin directory that I could
download.  Since my original efforts failed, I just tared up the ftptex
directory tree from my old computer (circa 1998/1999 ?) and put it on my new
machine.   fortunately, this does work, but a newer version would be nice.

Any suggestions/solutions would be most appreciated.

regards,
andrew