[tex-k] questions on typeset with Lambda

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Aug 8 21:08:17 CEST 2006

On 8 Aug 2006, at 6:30 pm, Martin Schröder wrote:

> 2006/8/7, Jingtao <jtma at ucdavis.edu>:
>> Is there any suggestions on it?
>
> -> http://www.mackichan.com/

Not a solution to the original question, but an alternative approach:
you could consider using XeTeX (see http://scripts.sil.org/xetex) to
typeset your Chinese documents. In my (biased!) opinion, this is much
easier than trying to get Omega/Lambda working, particularly if you
use the Unicode standard for your text. Current operating systems
generally include Unicode-compliant Chinese fonts (TrueType or
OpenType) that XeTeX can use directly, with no special setup procedure.

JK

(Disclaimer: as author of XeTeX, naturally I think it's the right
solution!)