[tex-k] bibtex in texshop behavior

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Apr 20 09:10:00 CEST 2006

daniel mazur wrote:

> I am using BibTeX 0.99c in the TeXShop 1.43 package. I found that
> en-route from xyz.bib to xyz.bbl (typesetting with BibTeX option in
> TeXShop) there is a change in capitalization, i.e. abbreviations like
> CMR, LSMO and chemical names in math environment like
> $Tl_2Ba_2CaCu_2O_8$ have all capital letters changed to lowercase: cmr,
> lsmo, $tl_2ba_2cacu_2o_8$. The only time, when the de-capitalization did
> not take place was when I wrote $\mathrm{$Tl_2Ba_2CaCu_2O_8$}.

1. don't post operational questions to a development list.
   appropriate lists would be texhax at tug.org or the newsgroup

2. read on-line resources: this is one of the most frequently asked
   questions about bibtex.  it's covered pretty much everywhere
   anything's written on bibtex, and the english faq answer is at