[tex-k] RE: tetex /latex

Angelyn V. Dilim angelyndilim at torstencalvi.com
Tue Oct 11 11:54:49 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have now installed the tetex3.0 from the sunfreeware.com. I wanted to see
if it is working then I looked for a sample .tex file to check if everything
is okay.

I run tex sample.tex

Then the exact error is as follows;

This is TeX, Version 3.141592 (Web2C 7.5.4)
(./sample.tex)
! Undefined control sequence
l.46 \document class
                               {book}
?
!Undefined control sequence
1.47 \usepackage
                              {sequence}
?

I just wondering maybe there is a problem with the .tex file I have test
from the path /usr/local/share/texmf-dist/doc/latex/index

May I request from you guys a short sample TeX or LaTeX just for 5 to lines
lines only to see whether TeX/LaTeX is working. I would appreciate for any
help.

Regards,
Angelyn