[tex-k] Re: first steps with libkpathsea

Thomas Esser te at dbs.uni-hannover.de
Mon Jun 13 20:41:00 CEST 2005

> So currently I call 'kpse_set_program_name("kpsewhich",myprog);' to fake
> the name of the program. Which is of course sort of strange, but as

You could as well call kpse_set_program_name() with the "real" progname
and set the envvars SELFAUTOLOC, SELFAUTODIR and SELFAUTOPARENT just
right after this call. You could determine the right value for these
variables by locating kpsewhich along $PATH and use the directory name
for SELFAUTOLOC etc.

> far as I can see there is no other way to achieve the desired
> behaviour. Is there any side effect of doing so?

Yes, you loose the ability for searching along the "other text files" /
"other binary files" formats and you loose the ability to search along
TEXINPUTS correctly ("cslatex" has a different path than "latex").

Thomas