[tex-k] Autoconf-2.13 vs. 2.59

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Feb 18 14:55:07 CET 2005

    BTW: I have renamed ac_include into kpse_include, I think we should stop
    stepping onto the autotools namespaces.

Good.

    meanwhile it occured to me, that the present autoconf-2.59 provides
    everything we need for ac_include without any need to split the Makefiles.

Sounds excellent.  I guess it is Olaf who has the final word.

    And no need to argue with the autoconf people about new features.

If it is indeed workable, I would like to tell the Autoconfers about the
approach, so that they can (if they want) mention it in the
documentation.  I think they'd be glad to hear about it.

Best,
karl