[tex-k] header special extension proposal

Paul Vojta vojta at Math.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Aug 23 09:01:11 CEST 2005

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 08:15:12AM +0200, Hendri Adriaens wrote:
> > Anyone concerned with this issue is probably informed, or at
> > least motivated.
>
> Yes, but we can't expect anyone to know about perl or to be able/have time
> to learn about it.

You don't need to know about perl.  Just use it.

(And, incidentally, the scripts can be executed more directly, at least
on Unix systems; e.g., fixeps.pl file.ps > file.pro.)

> And who knows, there might be more applications for this extension. It's
> new, but when we learn about it, we will discover new uses. One could
> imagine customized headers in the ps, where part is fixed and part depends
> on the (LaTeX) settings by the user. For more ideas, one should consult a PS
> expert, not me.

That's part of what I'm afraid of... more feature requests for this
extension :-(.

--Paul Vojta, vojta at math.berkeley.edu