[tex-k] -file-line-error-style doesn't give the undefined cseq

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Aug 18 02:53:50 CEST 2005

I fully agree with Sanjoy, in fact I think I may have reported this a
year or two or three ago :).  Any hope?

Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 20:26:12 -0400
From: Sanjoy Mahajan <sanjoy at mrao.cam.ac.uk>
To: Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org>
Subject: texk: -file-line-error-style doesn't give the undefined cseq

I just noticed that with the -file-line-error-style option, tex no
longer says which control sequence is undefined.  Usually you can guess,
but it would be useful to see them.  Here's a transcript:

$ cat u.tex
blah
\defff
blah
\end

$ tex --file-line-error-style u
This is TeXk, Version 3.14159 (Web2C 7.4.5)
 file:line:error style messages enabled.
(./u.tex
./u.tex:2: Undefined control sequence
[1] )
(see the transcript file for additional information)
Output written on u.dvi (1 page, 220 bytes).
Transcript written on u.log.

-Sanjoy