[tex-k] ~ expansion in TEXMFLOCAL from Knuth

Thomas Esser te at dbs.uni-hannover.de
Sat Apr 9 20:23:54 CEST 2005

> maybe not), so it could be rather old.  Don't know the version.  Knuth

We can try debugging the problem with our current sources
(e.g. teTeX-3.0):

$ kpsewhich --version
kpathsea version 3.5.4
Copyright (C) 1997 - 2004 K. Berry & O. Weber.
There is NO warranty.  You may redistribute this software
under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the files named COPYING.

$ TEXMFLOCAL='$HOME/sunburn/texmf' kpsewhich cmrfunny.tfm
/home/te/sunburn/texmf/fonts/tfm/foo/baa/cmrfunny.tfm

$ TEXMFLOCAL='~/sunburn/texmf' kpsewhich cmrfunny.tfm

I'm currently not at home, so I can't do more than this for today.

Thomas