[tex-k] dvips: Landscape papers handled in an idotic way

Tomas G. Rokicki rokicki at CS.Stanford.EDU
Tue May 18 21:32:53 CEST 2004

Thanks for the kind mail.  If you configure your dvips correctly, you'll
find that -t a4r and/or -t a4 works just fine.  If your dvips is not so
configured, I'd be happy to help you configure it so.  If you feel that
such effort should be contributed to the community, that would be
excellent and I am sure gratefully received.

In general, though, I don't have a4 paper.  I don't have a4 paper trays.
I have letter paper, at a pleasing 8 1/2 by 11 inch size, that works
well for me in any orientation I choose to use it, and on which I get
absolutely lovely documents.

Since you seem to be handicapped with this odd paper size, perhaps you
can, with or without help, make things work properly, and then work with
everyone to share that enlightenment so others need not suffer your
obvious frustration.

Failing that, I'd be delighted to refund the total proceeds that I
have received from you for this software.  No, wait.  As a matter of
fact, I'm going to refund to you the total proceeds.  I'm not sure I
actually need you as a user of my software.  Feel free to completely
remove dvips and all derivative works from all computers that you use.

-tom