[tex-k] font metrics and style files from dviljk package

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Mar 15 15:17:53 CET 2004

    Subject: [tex-k] font metrics and style files from dviljk package

Hello Leif,

I think it would be very nice to have a package for the 45 standard PCL
fonts.  I've wanted it myself, more than once.

I can not find it on CTAN either.  There is definitely nothing named
`hpfonts.sty' or `ljfonts'.

However, as you say, it's still in teTeX (and thus still in TeX Live,
which is where I see hpfonts.sty -- texmf-dist/tex/latex/dvilj/hpfonts.sty).

So, my suggestion would be to grab the stuff from teTeX and upload a new
package as fonts/ljfonts (I guess) to CTAN.  Then, in turn, Thomas and
Sebastian can grab that work for the next releases.

Thomas, Sebastian, does that sound plausible?  Do you know of other work
in this area?

You might also check with Andy Piper to see if he has anything
unreleased lying around, etc.

Finally, by coincidence, Patrick McPhee (cc-d) wrote a couple of months
ago about resuming dvilj(k) development.  I don't know if he has had any
time to work on it, but I thought he might like to know, and/or you
would like to test any new versions he might release ...

All the best,
karl