[tex-k] (fwd) tetex-bin: /usr/info/dvips.info.gz out of date to /usr/lib/texmf/tex/plain/dvips/dvips.tex

Hilmar Preusse hille42 at web.de
Wed Jul 14 09:49:12 CEST 2004

Hi all,

a long time ago, we've got in the DBTS a bug report about dvips.info
to be out of date compared with dvips.tex (both from the sources of
teTeX). My opinion is that it is rather the opposite: dvips.tex is
out of date compared with dvips.texi and Karl Berry wrote already 10
years ago:

Fri Feb 12 08:34:45 1993  Karl Berry  (karl at cs.umb.edu)

        * dvips.1: Don't refer to dvips.tex.

I guess it was already obsolete at this time. I've contacted that
submitter. He replied, that dvips.tex still contains some paragraphs,
which could not be found in dvips.texi. Therefore the question to
you: Is that functionality described in dvips.tex still contained in
dvips? Is it planned to take over that paragraphs from dvips.tex or
will you just delete that files in the near future as it is totally
obsolete?

Christoph Martin wrote to Thomas Esser:

The problem is still present in version 1.0 and there are more
paragraphs missing.

but I have no clue, what other paragraphs he's speaking about. The
complete bug report on: http://bugs.debian.org/53927

Thanks for cooperation!

Regards,
  Hilmar