[tex-k] [LaTeX - IEEEtran - Testflow]: dvips Z option appears to negate Timothy Van Zandt patch

Thomas Esser te at dbs.uni-hannover.de
Fri Jan 2 18:13:54 CET 2004

> quite obtain nicely uniform line rules: if the Z (bitmap compression)
> option of dvips is enabled (lets say via the standard configuration
> file), it appears to render the Timothy Van Zandt 'alt-rule.pro' stroke
> rule patch useless (at least on screen). After removing the option, the

Hm... That sounds like a good reason to change the default in config.ps.
For the next teTeX release, I plan to set it like this:

    % Bitmap font compression. Results in more compact output files, but
    % sometimes causes trouble. So the default is disabled. Set Z1 to enable
    % this feature.
    Z0

Thanks for your notification.

Thomas