[tex-k] Which fonts are installed?

Timothy Murphy tim at maths.tcd.ie
Mon Feb 24 22:43:26 CET 2003

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 10:04:54PM +0100, Olaf Weber wrote:
> Still, a font-finder utility would be useful, and might be an
> interesting project.  So if you feel the urge to do something for the
> TeX community, this is your chance.  :-)

Thanks for your very lucid description of TeX-related fonts.

However, I agree with the original poster --
the organisation of fonts in TeX is completely crazy.
One only has to look at psfonts.map to feel dizzy.

There should be a single XML "database" of TeX-related fonts on a system,
and all programs -- tex, dvips, pdftex, etc -- should consult this.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: tim at maths.tcd.ie
tel: 086-233 6090