[tex-k] [rhn-admin@rhn.redhat.com: RHN Errata Alert: Command execution vulnerability in dvips]

Thomas Esser te@dbs.uni-hannover.de
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 20:56:39 +0100

> It is unfortunate there has been no tetex-stable release in a couple of
> years, but that's how things go when it is all done by volunteers.

I agree and I'll try to release a new teTeX-stable this year. In the
future, I'll try never to have such a long delay again. I think that I
am going to stop distributing binaries. That's the main reason for only
doing very occasional "stable" releases.

Most platforms offer their own "ports" and repackaging, e.g.  all linux
distributions, freebsd, sun freeware, sgi freeware etc. etc. So, people
without a working development environment will be able to install teTeX
that way (or by asking for binaries on the teTeX list).

Thomas