[tex-k] Re: tcx files

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
Fri, 08 Mar 2002 00:14:05 +0100

* Olaf Weber <olaf@infovore.xs4all.nl> writes:

> You're basically telling TeX that the file you're providing is
> encoded _like this_.

That's true of the text I have typed in and I'd like TeX to typeset,
but probably not of the format file name ...

> I think that to try to exempt filenames in the
> file would be hard or impossible in the general case (they can be
> generated by macros, for example).  To have them translated some of
> the time would be probably be even more confusing than the current
> situation.

But I agree that the situation is a real problem. I guess what I mean
is that I expect the translation to occur only on filestreams that are
\input by TeX but probably you could fool it in numerous ways.

Fabrice