[tex-k] dvips -E producing "corrupt" output for rotated figures

Diab Jerius dj@head-cfa.harvard.edu
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 15:57:44 -0400 (EDT)

On  9 Aug, Tomas G. Rokicki wrote:
> What do you mean by "corrupt"?  How does the output differ from
> what you expect?  -E is a hack and does not take into account
> such machinations; if you want an accurate bounding box, get
> GhostScript and have it do the work for you.
>
> -tom

The output PostScript shows only a small portion of the original image
(a strip across the top or bottom, I can't tell which one).  I expect
to see the entire (rotated) image. The PostScript files on the web
site are more descriptive.

I'm not sure why latex2html is using -E.  latex2html is a black
box that wasn't working for my document and I'm just starting to look
into it.  I've narrowed the "misbehavior" down to dvips, -E, and
rotated images.  If that combination is not supposed to work, then
I'll pursue another route.

Diab