[tex-k] Web2C 7.3.4: tex -fmt

Olaf Weber olaf@infovore.xs4all.nl
28 Nov 2001 22:50:34 +0100

Reinhard Kotucha writes:

> Hi,
> I'm using the latest teTeX beta on Linux.

> tex -fmt=latex <filename> results in a fatal format file error.

> $ tex -fmt=latex mpx15542.tex
> This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2C 7.3.4)
> (Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)

> Putting the line
> %&latex
> into the file produces the same error message.

> latex mpx15542.tex works.

You've either got two different latex formats, where the two cases
differ in which one they find, or tex and latex end up at different
binaries (or a combination of both).

Use the --kpathsea-debug=-1 flag to find out where the format files
are found.

--
Olaf Weber

Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins,
        for they are quick to anger and have no need for subtlety.