[tex-k] secure mode of dvips should be default

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 18:41:20 +0100

janl@linpro.no writes:
 > Do you have a release schedule for TeXLive?  Thomas Esser came up with
 > some comments about incompatible .enc files and such that we're adressing.

TeXLive 6 is already on CTAN, and is stable. Whether any user groups
will make a large-scale pressing imminently, I do not know. I do not
have the energy to get involved in that side of things :-}. So what I
am doing now is updating the sources of TeXLive, but I'll probably
leave the binaries as they are for a bit. If you have recommendations
for an xdvik strategy for texlive, just let me know...

has anyone tried the new "mdvi", by the way?

 > I'm contemplating writing a more extensive .enc parser for t1lib to let
 > xdvik and dvips share .enc files (they can already share .map files for
 > the most part)

sounds good to me

Sebastian