[tex-k] Re: Possible dvips 5.86 bug

Tom Kacvinsky tjk@ams.org
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 10:11:27 -0500 (EST)

It is known to me that t1part does indeed have bugs.  I tracked down some
particulars, and gave it up as hopeless to fix them (because it required more
code rewriting to get to a point where I could fix the bugs) Then writet1 came
along and it works wonderfully.  I am surprised you are having problems with
dvips 5.86d.  Where did you get it?  Does it use writet1 ot t1part for font
subsetting?  My guess is the latter...

Tom