[tex-k] Re: Bug in dvips

Staszek Wawrykiewicz StaW@gust.org.pl
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 00:26:22 +0100 (MET)

"Peczarski, Marcin" <Marcin.Peczarski@zwut.siemens.pl> wrote:
> I created simple TeX file which contain only two lines:
> test
> \bye
> I compile this file with MeX to .dvi file. Dvips programm produces
> from this .dvi file a incomplete .ps file.
> ' TeX output 2000.12.06:1532' -> test.ps
> <texc.pro><plrm.enc><texps.pro>. <plr10.pfb>
> ... After using option -j0 produced .ps file is OK.

I investigated this problem several times and it seems that Marcin
has something messed with his files.
1. the new release of PL fonts in type1 format (from May 2000) works well
   with partial downloading (j1), providing that we have complete .pfb
   and .enc files and proper map file (included in psfonts.map)
2. perhaps it is the problem with some faults in fptex distribution
   from the end od September (as Marcin said me).

Fabrice Popineau wrote:
> In both cases I seem to have the same result. You might have better
> luck by upgrading your setup to fptex-0.4 (http://www.fptex.org).

Is it ready (after corrections I wrote you about) to dowload and check it?

Staszek Wawrykiewicz
email: staw@gust.org.pl