[pstricks] Monochrome option

Thu Feb 8 08:39:20 CET 2018

Am 08.02.18 um 04:35 schrieb Nitecki, Zbigniew H.:
> I have recently completed a book project in which I extensively used
> figures in pstricks and in particular in pst-solides3D, gleefully
> putting in lots of colors.   Now I am told by my publisher that they
> want the book in monochrome (color adds way too much to the production
> costs for a printed book).
>
> When I tried to put a monochrome option in my document style command
> (\documentstyle[11pt,monochrome]{book}) pstricks just ignored it.
> Then the tech team at the publisher suggested modifications to my color
> definitions (in a colormacros.sty file); with these, the plain pstricks
> figures came out monochrome, but the  pst-solides3D still insists on

Give a _complete_ example and, of corse, a _short_ one which shows
the behaviour. I cannot confirm your problem!

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[
   monochrome
   %grayscale
]{pstricks}
\usepackage{pst-solides3d}
\begin{document}

\begin{pspicture}(-4,-4)(4,4)
\psSolid[object=sphere,r=3,fillcolor=red]

latex->dvips->ps2pdf

Herbert