[pstricks] No dashed line with pst-vue3d?

Sat Sep 8 08:33:47 CEST 2012

Am 08.09.2012 05:12, schrieb Eric Van Horn:

> This is the only package for which I have seen this problem.  I am using
> TeXLive 2012 on Linux, but it works on my work computer running an older
> MikTeX installation (2008) with Windows 7.  The only difference between
> the two installations are the pstricks.sty (v0.40 / v0.52) and
> pstricks.tex (v1.29 / v2.30) files, i.e., the pst-vue3d package is v1.24
> in both instances.  However, when I did a local installation of the
> latest pstrick package on my work computer, it produced the same results
> as my Linux installation. And I did run texhash on the TeXLive
> installation and refreshed the filename database on MikTeX (as evidenced
> by the version numbers on the log file - unfortunately I do not have any
> of the MikTeX log files).
>
> Am I missing something that explains this error? I have only started
> using pstricks, so it may be something very obvious...

looks like a bug in the package. Use it this way:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{pst-vue3d}
\makeatletter
\providecommand\pst at linetype{1}
\makeatother

\begin{document}

   \begin{pspicture}(1,.5)(7,5)

\psset{THETA=-30,PHI=-30,Dobs=10,Decran=10,fillstyle=solid,fillcolor=blue}
     \psframe[linestyle=dashed,fillcolor=red](0,0)(4,4)
     \PortionSphereThreeD[linestyle=dashed](0,0,0){4}

However, pst-vue3d is really obsolet, you should try pst-solides3d,
it has more features. Run the documentation with "texdoc pst-solides3d"