[pstricks] \psPrintValue & /MoverN

Luis Sequeira lfsequeira at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 12:27:53 CEST 2012

> Hi all
>
> I'm trying to use \multido to print a row of binomial coefficients using \psPrintValue.
>
> However I think it's my lack of understanding with the way the PS stack works and also of \psPrintValue.
>
> Doing \psPrintValue{3 0 /MoverN} shows "MoverN".
>
> Doing \psPrintValue{/MoverN 3 0} shows "0" (which is just the second "0")
>
> How should I get the two numbers required into the stack?
>
> Thanks
>
> Hubert

The command should print the value that is at the top of the stack.
The operands are supposed to be put on the stack first, and then the operator should be applied; hence there is no surprise in the second version printing 0.

I think the question is how MoverN is defined. I haven't been able to find its definition. Regular postscript operators like "add" or "div" don't have a slash prepended to them.
Trying your example without the slash gave a postscript error, which indicates that MoverN is not a recognized operator.

Where is that MoverN defined (and how)?

Luis Sequeira