[pstricks] animated gif

Juergen Gilg gilg at acrotex.net
Wed Mar 28 22:30:05 CEST 2012

Dear Carlo,

> I downloaded some animated.gif (waves) from PsTricks main page. I
> produced a similar animated gif about a parabolic motion of a point,
> and I tried to run .tex file, but I am not able to compile correctly
> this file. So I downloaded animate package instruction file, but the
> result is the same. I leave you all files I produced; could you help me?
i guess it is not possible to implement an animated gif into a PDF file,
maybe someone knows better.

The way you should do, is to make the animation with PSTricks and
animation.sty -- therefrom you can generate a PDF.

Have a look at some example PDF animations given in the PSTricks site
and try to understand how they are produced. Then modify it for your
special problem of a parabolic motion.

You followed a scheme how to produce the animated gif -- now translate
this scheme into PSTricks and animate.sty.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Jürgen