[pstricks] Re : pst-solides3d and parametric surfaces

Leon Free leon.free at free.fr
Tue Jul 12 12:20:39 CEST 2011

Le 12/07/2011 11:12, Manuel Luque a écrit :
> Leon Free wrote :
>
>>I tried something with object=surfaceparametree but did not succeed in
>>producing what i want
>
>>any idea ?
>

> To try to find a solution, can you attach your file?
>
> Best regards.
>
> ML

yes ! sorry

here is the code that draws intersecting surface and vertical plane with
"hiding effects".
that's easy because the plane is parallel to one of the axes. in that
case, if i want to hide parts of the surface that are behind, i just
have to play with the drawing range and write the \psSolid macros in the
appropriate order (hidden parts drawn first, visible ones come last), as
i mentioned in my initial post

i want to obtain the same result when the vertical plane P need not be
parallel to one of the axis, ie P={(x,y,z) : ax+by+c=0} with a,b both
nonzero (and (obivously) has a non empty intersection with the surface)