[pstricks] asking for ploting file in the semi log axis

Fri Jul 23 09:54:17 CEST 2010

Am 23.07.2010 03:49, schrieb Doan Huy Hien:

> I have a gamma ray spectral data file named Sheet.txt and I would like
> to plot by using PStricks that I have found very interesting. However I
> can not get the figure as it is by using dataplot.
>
> I attached here the latex file, data file and the one I create from an
> other program. Could you please help me to clarify this problems.

you have to use \listplot for a logarithmic scaling.
However, y values of 0 cannot be plotted as log 0,
you have to test it with a setting of \pstScalePoints

\documentclass[12pt,a4paper]{article}
\usepackage{pstricks-add}
\begin{document}

\readdata{\data}{Sheet1.txt}
\pstScalePoints(1,1){}{ dup 0 eq { pop -8 }{ log } ifelse 8 add }

\begin{psgraph}[arrows=->,Dx=0.4,ylogBase=10,Oy=-8](0,0)(2.1,6){10cm}{8cm}
  \listplot[linewidth=1pt,linecolor=blue]{\data}
\end{psgraph}