[pstricks] Plotting Numeric Values Against Dates

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Tue Jun 15 02:40:53 CEST 2010

On Jun 14, 2010, at 4:23 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jun 2010, Michael Sharpe wrote:
>
>> You attached the tex file, not the dat file.
>
> Michael,
>
>  That fits the type of day it's been. :-)
>
>  Data file attached to this message.

Rich,

I don't believe you can process such a file directly in pstricks, where data from files is expected to be numeric only. You'll have to preprocess the file, saving it with the date replaced by an index (starting at 0), process that with pstricks, and add date labels manually.
A short script should do the preprocessing without much sweat.

Michael