[pstricks] N/A

Ludwig Meyerhoff ludwig at www.antar.de
Mon Jan 18 20:43:13 CET 2010

Hallo!

I am writing some documentation and have often to describe a sequence of steps.
For I do not like to work with MS Visio and some dozens of layers and hiding
blocks, I prefer to use PSTricks.

First I used to hide and reveal the code sections I wanted by commenting them
manually, when I realized I could hide them by a state-machine whose state is
defined by a counter:

\newcount\Graph
\setcount\Graph=0
\ifnum\Graph<5
  \doSth
\fi

This worked fine until now, when I have to describe a tree.
One version relying only on \ovalnode and \rnode works fine this way.
For a second version I am using pst-tree, and my hiding approach does not compile.

I am using the following code (snippet), \Rect is just a convenience macro.
The code compiles if I hide the \TR{yyy} node within the \ifnum block.

\def\Rect#1#2{ \TR[name=#1]{ \psframebox{ \parbox{40mm}{ \begin{center} #2
\end{center}}}}}
\def\psedge{\nccurve[nodesepB=3pt, fillstyle=none, angleB=90, angleA=-90,
linewidth=3pt, linecolor=blue ]}
\psTree{ \Rect{FLUGHH6}{Flughafen HH (6)} }
               \ifnum\Graph<10
                  \TR{yyy}
               \fi
               \Rect{TERMB}{Term. B (8) }
               \psedge{TRANSPORT}{TERMB}
\endpsTree

If I reveal the \TR{yyy} node (like in the snippet above), I get an error I
have no idea what it complains about:

! Argument of \nccurve at ii has an extra }.
<inserted text>
                \par
l.50                \psedge
                           {TRANSPORT}{TERMB}
?

I am using pst-tree version 1.11 -- can anyone show me the link between \ifnum
and \psTree? Is there a better way to create a sequence of pictures?

Saluti!

Ludwig