[pstricks] Accessing individual members of a data set

Jorge Nto jorgento at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 21:48:47 CET 2009

Hi!

I was wondering how I can reference and get a selected line of a dat file (2
or more columns).
To be more precise: I store the start and goal positions of a path planner
as the two first lines of my data file
the third is a pair: first column <- radius of goal zone and second column<-
the radius of the robot

%MyData.dat
%Start position
0.0 0.0
%Goal position
2.3 3.5
%Goal and robot radius
0.2 0.3

(of course %comments should be ignored).

So I should read sequentially: First line (startX, startY) then read the
third line,second column to get the radius and with that info draw a circle.
Then repeat for the second line

I could think about using three columns the radii information for each line,
like

%start pos. and radius of robot
0.0 0.0 0.2
%goal pos and radius
2.3 3.5 0.3

I would like to use a function, say plotCircles like
\readdata{\data}{C:/mydata.dat}
\plotCircles{\data}

If the file does not exist then plotCircles should do nothing.

Anyway I would be grateful for every piece of advice on this.

Regards

Jorge
(aus Hannover)