[pstricks] pst-map3d

Poul Riis Poul.Riis at skolekom.dk
Sun Nov 15 11:37:27 CET 2009

I have now downloaded the file [
http://www.evl.uic.edu/pape/data/WDB/WDB-text.tar.gz ]WDB-text.tar.gz

I have extracted the file to a folder called d;\miktex\wdb\wdb which now
contains the files africa-bdy.dat, africa-cil.dat etc.

Still ghostview gives a lot of error messages when I run the following:

\documentclass[10pt]{article}%
\usepackage[dvips,svgnames,x11names]{xcolor}
\usepackage{pst-map3d}

\begin{document}
\begin{pspicture}(-4,-4)(4,4)
\psset{PHI=48.85,THETA=2.32,Decran=15,path=d:/miktex/wdb/wdb}
\WorldMapThreeD[gridmapcolor=yellow,circlesep=1,mapcolor=green!50,bordercolor=red,coastwidth=1.2pt,capitals,islandcolor=blue,coastcolor=blue,coasts]
\psmeridien{2.32}
\psparallel{48.85}
\mapputIIID(2.32,48.85){Paris}

Graphics with PSTricks <pstricks at tug.org> writes:
>Run ghostscript
>with option -dNOSAFER, te prvenet problems when running
>the viewer from a GUI.

My ghostview does not accept the option -dNOSAFER.

What can I do to make it run?

Poul Riis