[pstricks] Placing graphic using pdftricks.

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Fri Sep 25 15:18:18 CEST 2009

For reasons not pertinent here I have to produce a particular
document, a book cover layout through pdflatex instead of pdftex.
I want to place a cover graphic that is full page size with no
margins.
The easiest way I know to put things on a page at a particular
location is \rput, so I turned to pdftricks. My test code is below:

\documentclass[]{article}
\pagestyle{empty}
\usepackage{pdftricks}
\begin{psinputs}
\usepackage{pstricks}
\end{psinputs}
\usepackage[x-1a]{pdfxx}
\pdfpageheight 9.25in
\pdfpagewidth 12.36in
\pdfpageattr{/MediaBox[0 0 890 666]}
\begin{document}
\hskip -1in
\vskip -1in
\begin{pdfdisplay}
\begin{pspicture}
\rput(-1,0){\includegraphics{ecoverb.pdf}}
\end{pspicture}
\end{pdfdisplay}
\end{document}

The graphic is not displayed but its name (ecoverb.pdf) is printed
as text.  If I eliminate the references to pdftricks the graphic is
displayed but I can't place it properly.

Although I have been using TeX for over a decade I haven't used
LaTeX very  much.  So your assistance is appreciated.

John Culleton