[pstricks] pst-pdf and readdata: long compilation time

Antoine Pairet lists at pairet.be
Sun May 10 14:17:53 CEST 2009

> ok, that should be
>
> pdflatex "\AtBeginDocument{\def\readdata[#1]#2#3{}} \input{supraMain.tex}"
>
> otherwise the optional argument causes an error

That works great! Thanks a lot!

What if I would like to go even further and want to distinguish two
types of \readdata:
 1) the ones used for PSTricks to plot data through \listplot, \dataplot
and \psgraph
 2) others to be used to generate tables automatically (seen on the
list, code attached)

The first category of \readdata should only be read the during the first
run while the others should be read each time. I have imagined the
following solution which works well. What do you think about it? Would
there be a simpler/more elegant method to accomplish this task? What
about the definition of a new optional arg for the command \readdata
which test whether PDFOutput = 1, and if yes, does not perform the read?

 * defining a new environment \readPSTricks that does the exactly the
same thing as \readdata but which is disabled in the Makefile for all
but the first run:

\newcommand{\readPSTricks}[3]{
	\readdata[#1]{#2}{#3}
}

pdflatex "\AtBeginDocument{\def\readPSTricks#1#2#3{} \def\listplot#1{}}
\input{mainTest.tex}"

Best regards,
Antoine