[pstricks] Points of Intersection

David Arnold dwarnold45 at suddenlink.net
Wed Mar 18 21:30:35 CET 2009

Juergen, Herbert,

So you are telling me that as a mathematician, a thorough read of the
pst-eucl documentation is worthwhile?

Your examples certainly motivate me to do so.

Thanks. These are great!

D.

On Mar 18, 2009, at 12:31 PM, Herbert Voss wrote:

David Arnold schrieb:

> Suppose that I want a triangle having sides measuring 4, 5, and 6
> units. Using Geometer's Sketchpad, or Geogebra, I could draw a
> segment AB of length 6, then add circles of radius 4 and 5 with
> centers at A and B, respectively. I then could choose on of the
> points of intersection of the two circles, call it C, and I would
> have the needed triangle ABC.
>
> Now, in pstricks I could do some trig, come up with some angles, and
> use a polar coordinate representation of the point C.
>
> What I am wondering is this: Is there a slicker way of accomplishing
> this goal of drawing a triangle with sides 4, 5, and 6 units?

\documentclass[12pt,a4paper]{article}
\usepackage{pst-eucl}

\begin{document}

\psset{unit=1cm}
\begin{pspicture}[showgrid=true](-4,-4)(6,4)
\pstGeonode[PosAngle=-90](0,0){A}
\pstGeonode[PosAngle=-90](6,0){B}
%
\pstCircleOA[linestyle=dashed,linecolor=red,Radius=\pstDistVal{4}]{A}{}
\pstCircleOA[linestyle=dashed,linecolor=blue,Radius=\pstDistVal{5}]{B}{}
%
\pstInterCC[RadiusA=\pstDistVal{4},RadiusB=\pstDistVal{5}]{A}{}{B}{}
{E}{F}
\pspolygon(A)(B)(E)