[pstricks] Placing labels at arbitrary positions

Matthias Kirchner sofa-surfer at web.de
Sun Oct 15 19:43:41 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm currently doing my first experiences with pstricks. So far, I used
R to generate my graphs. I found, that the psgraph-environment from the
pstricks-add package is well suited for my problems. Thus, by writing
my R-generated values into a file and using \readdata, I end up with
nice plots. I'm now wondering if there is a macro similar to one which
I was using heavily with R. There, the function is called "text" and
has the following functionality:

text(x,y,labels,...)

-> It takes a vector of x and y coordinates  and writes the
corresponding values which are stored in the labels vector at those
positions, one label at each (x,y)-pair.

Maybe someone can give me a hint? (The labels should be read from a
file.)

Thanks,
Matthias