[pstricks] Native speaker needed

McGarry Vince vmcgarry at austin.rr.com
Sat Aug 19 17:29:04 CEST 2006

On Aug 19, 2006, at 9:41 AM, Dougherty, Michael wrote:

> I disagree with Vince here (not strongly)

Actually, Michael, I think we agree---I did state the formal
definition, but also the convention used where I grew up (the
northeastern US) and where I live now (Texas) which is the same as
Herbert's phrasing. I use that phrasing with my own students.
Although I'm not using the word in its mathematically correct way, it
seems to make it easier for students when referring the members of an
ordered pair as the x-coordinate and y-coordinate as an abbreviated
way of saying the "x member of the coordinate" etc.

Vince