[pstricks] pstricks and beamer

Alan Ristow ristow at ece.gatech.edu
Mon May 8 14:31:32 CEST 2006

Alex Dickson wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> I'm writing a presentation using the Beamer package (and processing via
> pdfLaTeX), but would like to include some graphics using pstricks.
>
> Normally when one uses pstricks one has to process the doc through
> LaTeX, then dvi2ps then ps2pdf. However, when I do this with my beamer
> presentation the pdf is portrait and the slide ends up as a very small
> rectangle in the bottom left corner of the page.

Beamer uses a 12.8cm x 9.6 cm page size (or at least that's the size my
pdf comes out), so this happens when you specify a larger page size
(like A4 or letter) on the dvips command line. You don't say how you're
invoking dvips, but I suspect you have something like "-t a4" or "-t
letter" on your command line -- if you remove that, your pdf should look
fine.

> Also, the logo which
> you can include in the beamer presentation (with the
> \logo{\pgfuseimage{university-logo}} command) no longer displays.

Is the logo file an .eps file residing somewhere that LaTeX & friends
can find it? I've only ever had this problem if the file was the wrong
format or in the wrong location.

Alan